Statement for tax deducted at source from salaries
- It is used for preparing e-TDS returns for the TDS deducted on salary under Section 192 of the Income Tax Act, 1961.
- It has to be submitted on a quarterly basis by the deductor.
- It contains details like salaries paid and the TDS deducted of the employees by the employer.
- It contains 2 annexures namely Annexure-I and Annexure II. Annexure-I contains details of the deductor, deductees and challans, while Annexure II contains the salary details of the deductees.
- Annexure-I is to be submitted by the deductor for all the four quarters of the financial year.
- Annexure II need not be submitted in the first three quarters of the financial year, but has to be furnished and submitted in the fourth quarter of the financial year with details of the employees’ salaries of the entire financial year.