Appointment of Designated Partner in LLP
A Limited Liability Partnership (LLP) is governed as per the rules of Limited Liability Partnership Act, 2008. In today’s era, an LLP is gaining more popularity than a Private or a Limited Company form of business because of its easy nature and the lesser compliances.
Every LLP should have a minimum of 2 partners and out of them, 2 shall act as designated partners who work on behalf of the partners and participate in the day-to-day activities. Once appointed, a partner or a designated partner can be changed, removed or appointed.
Procedure to add a designated partner:
- Apply for Digital Signature Certificate:
The proposed designated partner shall apply for a DSC. The following documents are required for the application:
- PAN Card of the applicant
- Aadhaar Card of the applicant
- Photo of the applicant
- Email Id of the applicant
- Phone number
- Apply for DIN Number- After the DSC, the Director Identification Number of the Director will be applied in the form DIR – 3 along with the address proof and the identity proof of the applicant.
- Once the DIN is allotted to the designated partner, all the existing partners of the LLP will call a meeting and pass a resolution to add a designated partner in the partnership deed.
- A supplementary partnership deed will be drafted in which the new partner’s name will be added.
- Then the consent of the incoming partner will be taken in writing.
- After these documents are prepared, Form – 4 of LLP will be filed within 30 days of the appointment.
- After filing this form, FORM – 3 will be filed, along with the supplementary and the original partnership deed within 30 days of appointment.
- After the filing of all these forms, the name of the designated partner will be added and will be seen on the site if the Ministry of Corporate Affairs.
- If Form – 3 and Form – 4 are filed within 30 days there is an additional fee on each form of Rs. 100/- per day.